You may have noticed that Instagram has been rolling out more changes and updates than usual lately. These changes can make it difficult to navigate this popular platform and grow your audience.
Since growing an audience is one of the most integral parts of becoming a successful influencer, we want to share some secrets to help you!
Here are 5 tips for using Instagram as an influencer in 2022:
1. Use a business profile - When you sign up for Instagram, you can either have a personal account or a business account. Using a business profile gives you insights and analytics for your Instagram. To switch your account to a business profile, simply go into settings, click on account and then switch to professional account.
2. Dive deep into your insights - Instagram gives you a ton of insights into your audience and your content. You can look up post reach, profile views, accounts reached and followers that come directly from each post. Spend some time going through these insights to find out what your audience likes and connects with most. When you sit down to create your content, you should always start by checking your analytics. This way, while you are creating your magic to share on Instagram, you know exactly what types of posts most resonate with your fans!
3. Engage with brands - Find brands you would LOVE to work with and engage with them. How? Leave authentic comments, like posts, and engage with their stories. Build relationships with these brands through engagement. Pro tip: Gather a list of at least 10-15 Instagram accounts that are ideal brands for you to work with and engage with them at least 5 days a week. This helps them get to know who you are and start recognizing your name. Then when you pitch yourself to work with them, they are more likely to stop and have a conversation with you.
4. Utilize stories - Use your stories on Instagram to ask your audience questions, get to know them and find out what they want to see. You can also use your stories to show behind the scenes of who you are and what you do for brands. Since stories expire after 24 hours, make sure you are sharing at least once or twice a day so that you always have a story or two on your account. And as often as possible, incorporate stickers to increase engagement.
5. Use reels and videos - Reels are the thing right now and don't seem to be slowing down. Using reels and videos in your content is a great way to reach more people and have your content seen by brands. Research TikTok trends and start there for your reels. If you search through the hashtags on TikTok or Instagram for the content you are interested in, you will find some awesome content to recreate or use for inspiration.
We know that sometimes using Instagram as an influencer can be tricky, and it can take some time to learn what works and what doesn't with your audience. But, if you start with these five tips, you will be well on your way to working with brands and increasing your online presence as an influencer!
Want help leveraging your Instagram and book more brands? Apply here to work with us today.
YOU CAN ALSO READ